Oracle Database - Administration
Duration 3 days
This course, Oracle Database 10g: Administration I, will address critical skills needed by Oracle Database 10g administrators and prepare students for the Oracle Database 10g: Administration I (1Z1-042) exam.
You will perform key administrative tasks in Oracle Database 10g, such as creating and controlling databases, administering users, implementing security features, monitoring performance, and performing backup and recovery.
Target Student T
his course is intended for Oracle Database 10g Administrators, Sales Consultants, Support Engineers, Oracle Software Developers, and Technical Consultants. Students should have some knowledge of Oracle database utilities, architecture, and terminology. Students will also have knowledge of SQL *Plus, iSQL *Plus, and PL/SQL.
To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following Element K courses or have equivalent knowledge: Introduction to Programming (Second Edition)SQL: Fundamentals of Querying (Second Edition)Object-Oriented Programming: Principles or Java 2: Object-Oriented Analysis and Design Using UML
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Install Oracle Database 10g
- Describe the basics of the Oracle Database 10g architecture
- Create a database
- Configure Oracle Net services
- Use SQL and PL/SQL
- Manage the database instance
- Manage tablespaces and datafiles
- Manage tables and indexes
- Create views and sequences
- Manage users and security
- Monitor database performance
- Use utilities to load data into and unload data from a database
- Manage undo data
- Describe the purpose of redo log files, redo log groups, and control files. You will also perform backups.
- Perform restore and recovery operations.
Lesson 1: Installing Oracle Database 10g
Lesson 2: Exploring the Oracle Database 10g Architecture
Lesson 3: Creating a Database
Lesson 4: Configuring Oracle Net Services
Lesson 5: Using SQL and PL/SQL
Lesson 6: Managing the Database Instance
Lesson 7: Managing Tablespaces and Datafiles
Lesson 8: Managing Tables and Indexes
Lesson 9: Creating Views and Sequences
Lesson 10: Managing Users and Security
Lesson 11: Monitoring Performance
Lesson 12: Loading and Unloading Data
Lesson 13: Managing Undo Data
Lesson 14: Administering and Performing Backups
Lesson 15: Administering and Performing Recovery Operations
Please call 0845 230 3680 for full course details