Meetings - How to Participate with Confidence
Duration 1 day
Meetings are one of the most common forms of communication at work. They are also probably the most expensive. This one day course is for anyone new to attending meetings, those wishing to update their skills or who have never had any formal training. It will give delegates the skills and confidence to participate actively at a variety of meetings, give effective contributions and make the process more productive.
The Objectives of the Meeting
- The benefits of effective preparation
- Why hold a meeting?
- Who is attending and in what capacity?
- The agenda
- The time scale
The Structure of the Meeting
- Practices and procedures at formal meetings
- Meeting terminology
- The role of the Chairperson
- Using the agenda and keeping to it
- Distributing information
Contributing to the Meeting
- Effective listening
- Questioning skills
- Focusing on the matter in hand
- Assertive communication
- Stating your case
- Presenting to a group
- Problem people
- Taking notes and recording action points