ILM Level 2 - Development Programme in Leadership and Team Skills
Duration 3 days (to include induction and one hour of tutorial)
Module 1: Developing Yourself as a Team Leader
Module 2: Workplace Communication
Module 3: Leading your Work Team
- Understand the role, functions and responsibilities of the Team Leader
- Plan to take action to improve areas of development
- Understand the communication process and how to ensure effective communication across the team and on a one-to-one basis
- Understand a range of leadership styles and when to use them.
- Understand the stages of team development and how to empower their team members to develop into a high performing team
There will be 3 assessments
Developing yourself as a Team Leader is the mandatory unit. This unit is assessed via a reflective review where the learners identify their responsibilities, gather feedback about their performance and develop an action plan to address areas needing improvement in their performance.
Workplace Communication and Leading your Work Team are assessed via short answer questions which can be completed on the last day at the end of the programme.