Customer Care in the NHS
Duration ½ day
The NHS White Paper, Equity and Excellence: Liberating the NHS, sets out the Government's long-term vision for the future of the NHS. This paper highlights topics which include:-
- putting patients at the heart of everything the NHS does;
- focusing on continuously improving those things that really matter to patients
Following on from our successful two-day ILM Endorsed - NHS Customer Service Excellence programme delivered within hospitals, GP practices/surgeries and clinics over the past year, Adapt has developed a new, intensive ½ day workshop which offers delegates a comprehensive understanding of key Customer Care issues/challenges within NHS organisations.
This new programme gives practical advice and support to all those working within the NHS who have direct contact with patients.
Understanding Customer Care
- The principles and importance of excellent customer care
- Identifying the “customer” within the NHS
- Customers’ needs, demands, expectations and perceptions
- Improving the patient experience
- What makes communication effective
- The power and the pitfalls of verbal and non-verbal communication
- Questioning and listening skills
- Conveying a positive, professional image