Business Networking and Building Relationships
Duration 1 day
In business today it is vital that managers have the skills and ability to build and maintain successful business relationships, both for their own development and also for their organisation.
Managers at all levels need to expand their relationships to encompass not only their own department and organisation, but other organisations and the wider business community.
Networking and relationship building is a critical part of any business’s strategy, in both private and public sectors, and the explosion of social media tools in recent years both encourages, and assists, this to take place on a global scale.
This training is aimed at helping delegates to improve working relationships with both internal staff and external contacts to promote a professional image and achieve desired outcomes.
Delegates will understand the importance of building productive relationships with organisations in the wider market place to allow them as individuals, and the organisation, to benefit from synergies that can be obtained through such networking.
Delegates will understand how to recognise, create or act on opportunities that will be presented through improved network connections, and benefit from the exchange of best practice working.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to –
- Understand the importance of building better working relationships, both internal and external to the organisation
- Identify their own strengths and weaknesses in relationship building, and produce an action plan specific to their own development needs and circumstance
- Build better rapport and gain the trust of their colleagues, superiors, subordinates and external contacts
- Build relationships with decision makers and influencers
- Gain the confidence and skills to Network
- Understand what tools are available to Network
- Develop skills to maintain relationships long term
- Be able to project a positive image to the benefit of their employer, and their own development
- Effective and Healthy Working Relationships
- Portraying a Positive Image
- Building a “Go To” reputation
- Building Rapport
- Verbal Communication
- Building relationships with challenging people
- What is Networking?
- Networking – methods and means
- Maintaining Relationships – Give and Take
- Achieving Win-Win outcomes
- Providing Support and Development to Others