Recruitment and Selection
Duration 1 day
This course is designed to give practical guidelines and skills training in the necessary preparation and approach required to achieve successful outcomes in the recruitment and selection process.
Delegates will give consideration to the interview environment, mental and practical preparation, dress sense, body language using ice breaker questions and the ideal characteristics of a good interview.
Role-play situations will be employed during training for effective reinforcement of topics covered.
- Writing the Job Specification
- The Purpose of the Interview
- How to set interview objectives
- Planning and Preparation
- CV Screening
- Using the CV as a Discussion Document
- Controlling the Interview through Questioning
- Employment Legislation
- Questions you can and can’t ask potential employees
- The Interview structure
- Promoting your Company
- Fact Finding
- Communication Skills during the Interview
- Verbal and Non-verbal communication
- Selling your vacancy to Potential Candidates
- Ensuring your employees really want to be part of your vision
- Summarising and agreeing the next stage with the candidate
- Employment Contracts
- Concluding the interview in a positive way