Positive Performance Management
Duration 3 days
Performance management techniques are a vital part of any management toolkit. This programme develops skills that managers and leaders require in managing the performance of their staff. Throughout the programme, participants will be given exercises to help them apply what they have learnt.
At the end of the programme, managers and leaders will know how to they can influence the attitudes and behaviour of their staff in driving the organisation forward.
The programme will include the content below but might not necessarily be delivered in the order in which it appears.
- The Manager and Leader’s role in managing performance - The performance over time model
- Learning styles
- Setting standards and expectations
- Setting individual and team targets and objectives
- Effective Communication - Listening Skills, Questioning skills, Transactional Analysis, Giving feedback
- Motivation on a day-to-day basis
- Individual and team recognition and reward
- Dealing with conflict
- Measuring and monitoring performance
- Managing poor performance
- Coaching to improve performance
- Managing time pressures and workloads
Evaluation, Review and Assessment