Introduction to the Team Leader Role
Duration 1 day
This course is recommended for newly-appointed team leaders/supervisors, those about to be promoted to a team leader/supervisory role and experienced team leaders who would welcome refresher training.
The transition from a team member to a team leader is highly demanding and this course has been developed to help delegates become fully effective in their role as smoothly and quickly as possible.
The course will clarify the responsibilities regarding the role of a manager and leader and successful techniques will be introduced to provide delegates with the skills to manage the performance of themselves and others.
The course will also review critical communication skills and discuss their application in daily management tasks.
This highly interactive and practical course will include case studies, exercises and discussions about the daily supervisory challenges of the delegates.
- Defining the role of a team leader/supervisor
- Characteristics of effective teams
- Organising and improving team work
- Motivating yourself and others
- Developing work relationships
- Resolving conflict
- When to talk and when to listen
- Positively correcting performance, setting objectives and performance