Becoming a Confident Interviewer
Duration 1 day
This course is designed to give practical guidelines and skills training in the necessary preparation and approach required to achieve successful outcomes in selection and recruitment interviews.
After attending this course, delegates will be able to interview confidently.
Delegates will give consideration to the interview environment, mental and practical preparation, dress sense, body language using ice breaker questions and the ideal characteristics of a good interview.
Discussion will also include finding out about potential candidates’ hobbies, hot buttons, qualities, aptitude to learning and their attitude.
Role-play situations will be employed during training for effective reinforcement of topics covered.
- The Purpose of the Interview
- How to set interview objectives
- Planning and Preparation
- CV Screening
- Using the CV as a Discussion Document
- Controlling the Interview through Questioning
- Employment Legislation
- Questions you can and can’t ask potential employees
- The Interview structure
- Promoting your Company
- Fact Finding
- Communication Skills during the Interview
- Verbal and Non-verbal communication
- Selling your vacancy to Potential Candidates
- Ensuring your employees really want to be part of your vision
- Summarising and agreeing the next stage with the candidate
- Concluding the interview in a positive way