Facilitating Effective Meetings
Duration 1 day
This one-day course has been designed for those who need to hold regular meetings and wish to make them more productive.
This objective of attending this course is to give delegates the skills and confidence to ensure that meetings achieve their aims and are seen as a positive contribution to the management process.
The course is designed to give participants guidelines on the necessary preparation and structure of meetings to ensure a successful outcome -
- Common problems associated with meetings
- Preparing for the meeting
- The skills of chairing and leading meetings
- Difficult people/situations and how to cope
- Participating at meetings
- Making a constructive contribution and stating your case
- Why hold the meeting?
- Who should attend?
- The Agenda
- The timescale
Conducting the Meeting
- Formal and informal meetings
- Using the agenda and keeping to it
- Keeping an accurate record
- Distributing information
Managing the Meeting
- Chairing effectively
- Controlling the discussion
- Effective listening
- Being impartial
- Focusing on the matter in hand
- Recording action points
Benefits of Effective Meetings
- Uniting the group and teambuilding
- Giving feedback