Developing Relationships in the Workplace
Duration 1 day
Successful people in modern companies usually possess excellent technical skills, gained through years of education, training and on-the-job experience. What they frequently lack, however, are the important skills of dealing with people. Just like any other skills, they can be acquired through training and practice.
This one-day course is designed to increase delegates self-awareness and equip them with the tools to build constructive relationships with others at all levels at work.
People learn interpersonal skills best through practice and this course consists of many practical activities, conducted individually, in pairs and in larger groups.
Principles of Effective Interpersonal Communication
- What is effective communication
- Questioning, Listening and Observing
The Power of Behaviour
- What influences our behaviour
- Matching styles
- Techniques and tools
- Assessment of the three behavioural options
Understanding Different Behaviour
- How to work with different people
- Different behaviour styles for handling conflict