Developing Essential Sales Skills
Duration 1 day
Sales people often find it difficult to maintain the correct balance between prospecting, presenting, negotiating, closing and client nurturing which can lead to ‘feast or famine’ and lost opportunities.
This course has been designed as a refresher for those who have been through sales training or have been in sales for some time but never had any formal training. It will introduce key concepts and focuses on the challenges faced in daily sales situations. Participants will be reminded of what they know works but don’t do. Recently developed techniques will also be introduced and developing relationships over a long sales cycle will be reviewed.
This very interactive course will require participants to diary individual challenges in advance of the course. These situations will be used to provide specific case studies and exercises for the delegates.
This course covers aspects of sales communication on the phone, email/face-to-face:
- The Psychology of Selling
- The Role of the Buyer and seller
- Identify ways to make a positive impression
- Identify strategies that help you speak well with the decision-maker
- Effective opening statements
- Use Open, Closed and Alternative questions to identify client needs
- Listening skills
- Questioning to identify need
- Closing techniques
- Handling objections
- Enhance communication skills
- Relationships that support sales