Dealing with Grievance and Discipline
Duration 1 day
An interesting one-day course designed for HR personnel dealing with grievance and disciplinary procedures.
Delegates learn the value of, and necessary skills required to carry out face-to-face interviews/meetings, how to deal with difficult situations and possible areas of conflict.
The benefits of attending the course will be an understanding of the need for a structural approach to interviewing; laws and regulations and knowledge of behavioural techniques.
The aim of the course is to help participants apply clear guidelines for the successful preparation, conduct and follow up of a disciplinary/grievance interview. It is also designed to enable participants to practise the appropriate skills and receive feedback for future development.
After this course the delegate will be able to prepare and conduct an interview, control the discussion and make the best decision based on evidence.
- The purpose of the interview
- The Interview structure
- Effective use of different questioning techniques to control the interview
- Interview Skills - Discipline,Resolving conflict, Poor performance, Giving feedback
- Employment laws and regulations in compliance with ACAS code of practice
- Looking for everyone to win