Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
Duration 5 days
About this Course
This five-day instructor-led course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2012 product features and tools related to maintaining a database. Also this course helps you prepare for the Exam 70-462
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
On Course Completion delegates will be able to:
- Plan and install SQL Server.
- Describes the system databases, the physical structure of databases and the most common configuration options related to them.
- Explain the concept of the transaction log and SQL Server recovery models and implement different backup strategies available with SQL Server.
- Create SQL Server Backups.
- Restore SQL Server databases.
- Use the import/export wizards and explain how they relate to SSIS.
- Work with SQL Server security models, logins and users.
- Work with fixed server roles, user-defined server roles, fixed database roles and user-defined database roles.
- Work with permissions and the assignment of permissions.
- Work with SQL Server Audit.
- Work with SQL Server Agent, jobs and job history.
- Implement SQL Server agent security, proxy accounts and credentials.
- Configure database mail, alerts and notifications.
- Create database maintenance plans.
- Work with SQL Profiler and SQL Trace stored procedures.
- Introduce DMVs and the configuration of data collection.
- Work with Central Management Servers and Multi-Server queries, Virtualization of SQL Server and Data-Tier Applications.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server databases.
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2012 and its Toolset
Module 2: Preparing Systems for SQL Server 2012
Module 3: Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2012
Module 4: Working with Databases
Module 5: Understanding SQL Server 2012 Recovery Models
Module 6: Backup of SQL Server 2012 Databases
Module 7: Restoring SQL Server 2012 Databases
Module 8: Importing and Exporting Data
Module 9: Authenticating and Authorizing Users
Module 10: Assigning Server and Database Roles
Module 11: Authorizing Users to Access Resources
Module 12: Auditing SQL Server Environments
Module 13: Automating SQL Server 2012 Management
Module 14: Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
Module 15: Monitoring SQL Server 2012 with Alerts and Notifications
Module 16: Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
Module 17: Tracing Access to SQL Server 2012This module covers SQL Profiler and SQL Trace stored procedures
Module 18: Monitoring SQL Server 2012
Module 19: Managing Multiple Servers
Module 20: Troubleshooting Common SQL Server 2012 Administrative Issues
Please call 0845 230 3680 for full course details